With Arrested Development tomorrow, a lot of fans are making awesome, beautiful frozen bananas. I suck at making pretty food, so I came up with this. It’s a frozen banana ice-cream-less milkshake. “A MILKSHAKE WITHOUT ICE-CREAM! WHAT’S THE POINT?” you ask. I don’t really have an answer for that, but it is a delicious banana based treat that doesn’t require much work. So if you’re lazy, lacking time, eating healthy, or prefer to drink your meals like Lucille, this is the recipe for you.
-a medium banana
-2 1/2unsweetened cocoa powder
-2 /12 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
-1/4-1/3 a cup milk
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-a blender or food processor
-nuts or sprinkles (optional)
1) Freeze a banana (or two), duh.
2) Get together confectioner’s sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and milk (or milk substitute if you’re lactose intolerant like me). I used almond milk.
3) Peel the skin off of the banana with a knife. You won’t be able to peel it with your hands when it’s frozen, and you want it frozen.
4) Slice up the banana and put it in your food processor/blender. Add the vanilla, cocoa powder, and sugar and blend until smooth.
5) At this point you’ll have a lovely ice-cream like mixture. You can leave it like that or add milk to make it a milkshake. Add 1/4 - 1/3 of a cup depending on how thick you like your milkshakes.
6) Add some crushed/chopped nuts to make it a banana and nut milkshake (and serve it to your favorite frat boy for giggles). Or add sprinkles to make it colorful. Or leave it alone.
7) If it’s not cold enough (mine was cold, but not quite enough as I was testing out measurements and taking a long time), put it in the fridge for a little bit. Or the freezer for an even littler bit if you’re impatient.
8) Drink it. Like vodka, it spoils quickly. ;)
Tagged as: arrested development. banana and nuts. kelsey makes stuff. bluth's original frozen banana stand.